At Canham Consulting we believe that people are the driving force of our business. If you are interested in joining our team please see below for available vacancies.
Transport planner/highway engineer
Canham Consulting are looking to recruit an experienced, competent and highly motivated Highway Engineer/Transport Planner who is used to working in a diverse project environment. Experience in report writing (Transport Assessments), traffic counts and junction assessments is essential. An ability to run projects (under the supervision of a Senior/Principal Engineer), produce calculations, sketches, coordinate drawings and models, and experience working in a 3-dimensional environment is preferred.
Candidates should have a recognised qualification in Civil Engineering or an Engineering related field, ideally EngTech qualified and working towards IEng/CEng or TPP with a relevant institution and must have experience in the following areas:
- Highways Design (Section 38 & 278)
- Transport Assessments
- Travel Plans
- Swept Path Analysis
- Residential Developments (ranging from single dwellings to 350+ units)
- Industrial and Commercial Developments
- Excellent IT skills are essential and experience with the following software would be highly advantageous:
- Autodesk Civil 3D
- Junctions 9 (PICADY and ARCADY)
We would also be pleased to hear from candidates who are more experienced and/or have more detailed knowledge within specific sectors of Highway Engineering and Transport Planning.
The team is fortunate to be looking forward to a varied and healthy workload, allowing for future progression within the business.
The office is located within an attractive part of Norwich with plenty of local amenities, public houses and restaurants and is a short distance from the local train station. Parking is also provided.
Canham Consulting values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
An attractive package is on offer for the right candidate, which includes a competitive salary and a good range of benefits, combined with the chance to work in a relaxed professional design office on challenging projects.
Relevant CV’s should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
IT Support Technician/Data manager
Canham Consulting are looking for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable IT Support Technician to join our growing Team. Based at our Norwich office you will be the first point of contact for all IT Support enquiries and will take a leading role in managing and developing our Project Management Database.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, and working alongside external contractors, you will provide advice and hands on IT support, including recommending and commissioning new IT equipment, troubleshooting and resolving problems, and taking part in IT projects to improve services or deliver new functionality.
Your contribution will support cutting edge Engineering design and your work will enable the continued growth of the Business through the provision of first class IT Support and development of our Project Management Database.
By working with us you will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of technologies and platforms. You can expect to be involved in service improvement projects looking at everything from collaboration using cloud data storage to virtual reality. In return, we can offer you a challenging and fulfilling working experience, with access to a wealth of support and training to help you both succeed in your role and develop professionally.
You should be educated to GCSE level with a broad IT technical background ideally from a support environment.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills essential
- Experience in the administration and management support of IT services
- Able to demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to analyse and resolve unfamiliar issues
- Experience in accessing and updating SQL Server databases, Windows Server and Sharepoint
- Advanced Excel skills, able to manipulate data and produce reports
- Excellent communication skills with both verbal and written
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Solutions focused with an emphasis on first time resolution and continuous improvement
- To be able to effectively present to staff and the business in a language that is easily understood
For further information or to apply, please email your CV to email@example.com.